- This event has passed.
Accelerating Change: World Water Day Research Talks
March 21 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Celebrate World Water Day and hear how UCalgary scholars are Accelerating Change through innovative water research. Students, faculty, staff, alumni and sustainability-minded citizens are all welcome. Talks will cover some of the most pressing questions for water action:
- How do you balance water use with the requirements of the ecosystem?
- What is wastewater-based epidemiology and how is public and animal health served by knowing what goes down the drain?
- Why must governments cooperate on transboundary water resource management?
- What is the most unconventional water supply and what are some of the technologies behind it?
- Do we need water policies to ensure inequities in access are addressed?
Talks will begin at 4:15 p.m., with time for networking and meeting representatives from Advancing Canadian Water Assets (ACWA), the Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology (CAWST), Bow River Basin Council (BRBC), Water Movement, One Health and the UCalgary Office of Sustainability.