Since 2012, the CSMI and its consultants have completed the following work:
- Developed a Terms of Reference to provide a context for which the CSMI can discuss stormwater management within their region (2012).
- Identified a stormwater management philosophy within the CSMI geographic area (WaterSMART, 2013).
- Identified and assessed stormwater management options and regional scenarios, and identified preferred options (WaterSMART, 2013).
- Developed and executed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to complete the necessary evaluations and assessments to determine project viability (2013/2014).
- Completed an Engineering Assessment of Preferred Stormwater Management Options (MPE, 2014).
- Received concept endorsement from political and senior representatives (2014).
- Developed and executed another MoU (2014/2015).
- Completed a governance evaluation to identify how the group will govern itself moving forward (WaterSMART, 2015).
- Completed a Water Balance and Stream Erosion Analysis (MPE, 2015).
- Developed and executed the CSMI Master Agreement, that commits partners to forming the CSMI Cooperative and developing subsequent governance agreements by February 2019 (Dentons, 2017).
- Procured funding throughout the project to complete all the above work.