ACWA has partnered with Village Brewery and Xylem to create Calgary's own reuse brew, the first-of-its-kind potable reuse project in Alberta! We're championing water reuse and bringing attention to the role of technology development and policy changes in water sustainability.
Join us ACWA August 22, Earth Overshoot Day to enjoy a limited edition batch of Village Brewery's Blonde, crafted with reused water. You can join either virtually or in person to celebrate this exciting move toward increased water reuse in Alberta.
ACWA is simultaneously hosting a webinar and three socially-distanced tasting events where you can learn how the reuse brew came to be and how you can help make water reuse a priority across the country.
August 22, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (MST)
Join us via Zoom Webinar, or in person at CRAFT Beer Market Calgary, Edmonton, or Ottawa.
Webinar begins at 11:30 a.m. and will be shown on-screen at all in-person events
ACWA Reuse Brew will be available for purchase at CRAFT Beer Market in Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa.
For Calgary residents attending the webinar, you can pick-up or order ACWA Reuse Brew from Village Brewery to enjoy at home. Sales begin Monday, August 17.
- Christine O'Grady – ACWA, Program Coordinator
- Jackson Stuart – Village Brewery, Events and Marketing Lead
- Jacqueline Noga – University of Alberta Water and Resource Recovery Lab , Social Research Coordinator
- Jessica Popadynetz – Alberta Health Services, Provincial Strategies and Projects, Senior Advisor
- Albert Cho – Xylem, Vice President and General Manager
- Robert Haller – Canadian Water and Wastewater Association, Executive Director
- Bob Sandford – United Nations University Institute for Water, Environment and Health, Chair in Water and Climate Security
- Lee Jackson – ACWA, Scientific Director